A Typical RMA Track Day
You will receive what we call ‘Final Instructions’ by email a few days prior to the event. This will confirm timings, the location of the registration and briefing as well as reiterate certain rules, regulations, procedures and requirements. Please make sure you read these properly before leaving home.
If you have pre booked a garage you will receive a copy of the garage plan shortly before the event.
If you have pre booked instruction you will be notified of your time slot at registration if this has not already been arranged directly with the instructor.
A typical day will run on the following lines:-
- 8.00am - Registration commences.
- 8.40am – Drivers briefing – attendance is mandatory for all non members
- 9.00am – Track goes live.
- 9.20am – Circuit opens, where after we will endeavour to operate the day with an open pit lane allowing unlimited access to all participants, however we reserve the right to run sessions if the circuit length relative to the number of participants, potential speed differentials or weather conditions dictate that sessions would be in the best interest of safety. Track would go live now if familiarisation laps were added.
- 1.00 -2.00pm - We would usually have a break for lunch.
- 5.00pm – Circuit closes, earlier during winter hours due to restricted daylight.
Instruction on RMA Events
If in the briefing it becomes evident that there is a large number of drivers who are new to the circuit, RMA reserve the right to hold a 20 minute familiarisation session at the very start of the day. This will allow the new drivers to see the track at slow speed before the event goes fully live.
Further instruction is available from our ARDS Grade A instructors from £100 an hour. Ideally we would recommend two sessions, one in the morning and another in the afternoon, with some time on your own putting into practice what you have learnt from your instructor.
For the experienced racer we can arrange instruction from the very man who coaches the F1 Pilots, although his fee will be somewhat more than £100 an hour! All our instructors work on a freelance basis so you usually would pay them directly.
Please note all our instructors are self employed and work freelance, however it is most important that you advise us either when booking or by calling +44 (0) 1628 779 000 if you require their services to ensure availability. The instructor will then contact you to discuss your requirements and arrange a time slot. Payment should be made by cash or cheque direct to the instructor.